Did you realise Mick Jagger’s 69 already?
Saturday 28 July 2012, 4.07am HKT
HOW TIME FLIES.
Sir Michael Philip “Mick’ Jagger celebrated his 69th birthday on 26th July.
Does he look 69 to you?
He was already 60 when this picture was taken (2003 in Italy)
Did you realise:—
- this English dude is actually a wartime baby (born 1943)?
- he has been making music hit after hit for 50 straight years?
- he’s 11 years older than our Chief Executive (governor) of Hong Kong (the 58-year-old C.Y. Leung)?
- but he’s a year younger than our head of state (President Hu Jintao) and head of government (Premier Wen Jiabao)?
- he’s 19 years older than President Obama (born 1961)???
- and he still older than U.S. presidential hopeful Mitt Romney (born 1947)???
- and British PM David Cameron (born 1966) is like a kid in comparison?
Cor blimey! Imagine that.
Mick Jagger was born at the height of the Second World War, and spent his entire formative years in the 1950s.
He was 13 when the 1956 Suez Crisis happened, and five days shy of his 26th birthday when Neil Armstrong set foot on the Moon in 1969.
Imagine what he knows and have seen.
And this is a guy who’s still ahead of most of us.
© The Naked Listener’s Weblog, 2012. Image via Wikipedia. (B12236)