Wednesday 15 July 2015, 6.23am HKT
4.29am local time, 19°C (66°F) because the AC is on
THIS fella is the latest ‘newtype’ to the family works.
Boy, and passing resemblance to Grandpa
To be named on Saint Swithin’s Day (15 July)
Notice he has the makings of Star Wars Darth Vader eyebrows
- Born (actual) — Wednesday, 8 July 2015, at 00.31 hours Hong Kong Standard Time
- Born (planetary) — Tuesday, 7 July 2015, at 16.31 UTC/BST
- Lunar date — 乙未年壬午月乙酉日 (農曆羊年五月二十三日)
- Lunar date (translation) — Year of the Green Wood Sheep, 5th moon, 23rd day
- Weight — 2.37 kg (5 lb 3⅔ oz)
In other words, the guy’s a Summer Boy.
The mum (Kaying) and the babe
At the Prince of Wales Hospital in Shatin, Hong Kong
I think the hospital has only pink blankets and none blue. Never mind. Pink was the traditional boy’s colour before some marketing suit told us different.
Astronomically, NASA’s New Horizons probe swings by closest to Pluto today.
Err, sorry, let’s start again …
My flame-retardant Astroturf Chinese astrologist says the Sheep (a.k.a. Goat, Ram) is 8th in the 12 Chinese animal signs (all giraffes the lot of them).
- Lucky colours — Brown, red and purple
- Lucky numbers — 2 and 7
- Lucky flowers — Carnation, primrose
- Lucky direction — North
- Lucky months — August, November
- Sheep years — 1919, 1931, 1943, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003, 2015, 2027
- Clashes with — Rabbit
- Direction to avoid — the “Evil East”
The dad (Doug) and the babe
Pretty sure it doesn’t mean the dad has grown up (yet)
* * *
Sorry, don’t understand ‘newtype.’ What d’you mean?
People come in two types. (True fact, in my opinion.)
I’m the LAST of the ‘oldtype.’ Everyone else AFTER my generation is a ‘newtype.’
What’s the difference?
Oldtypes come free with spare parts as part of the package. Newtypes have to fork out. Sorry for the bad news, chaps.
What’s on telly right now?
“Without sacrifice, you cannot reach ANY goal.“
— Max Calderan, Italian marathon runner and
extreme desert explorer, “Son of the Desert”
(2014, Al Jazeera English)
All images by author except: Green Sheep via etsy.