The Naked Listener’s Weblog 2012 in review

Wednesday 2 January 2013, 11.42am HKT

The stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.

Here’s an excerpt:

“19,000 people fit into the new Barclays Center to see Jay-Z perform. This blog was viewed about 86,000 times in 2012. If it were a concert at the Barclays Center, it would take about 5 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.”

Click here to see the complete report.

Thank you, WordPress, for the ‘Automattic’ annual report.



© The Naked Listener’s Weblog, 2013. Images and stats powered by WordPress. (B13001)

Happy New Fiscal Cliff Year! Still with me so far?

Tuesday 1 January 2013, 12.01am HKT

12.01am local time, 10°C (50°F), chilly and breezy

DING! Ding! Ding!

Once a year, this comes out to remind peep’l just who (and what) is behind the unfunny hilarity of this blog.

Rest assured you won’t be bothered with this stuff until the same time next year. (Intervening shameless self-faggotry excepted.)

This year’s version contains some new material not in the original.

Read the rest of this entry »

Recap of stories for October

Thursday 22 November 2012, 1.04pm HKT

Summary of posts and site updates for October 2012.

It is embarrassing to say the least that The Naked Listener could only manage to pen a paltry three posts for October, seriously down from his batting average of 20 post a month.

It is only by the grace of two guest writers who took up the slack that this blog continues to exist for your reading pleasure and sardonic hilarity.

The Naked Listener definitely deserves to have his knuckles rapped.



10 things this week

07 Oct 2012

Summary of all the nonsense and heartburn surrounding my life for Week 40. [FULL STORY]


Look around you, not just at your desires

12 Oct 2012

Ninety-nine percent of us spend 99% of our waking hours trying to make 99% more moolah just to make ends meet. The remaining 1% of us spend 99% of the waking hours actually looking for more ways of making more moolah. [FULL STORY]


10 things this week (Week 41)

14 Oct 2012

Clearly another week of bad hair days, as evidenced by another weekly summary (for Week 41). [FULL STORY]




Peaches and mushrooms in blue and green

28 Oct 2012

Another exclusive article by Ophelia Kwong, a British- and American-trained artist who very kindly took up the slack in writing for The Naked Listener. This month, Ophelia gives us a glimpse of her work and the history behind them. [FULL STORY]


The future of ‘government’

30 Oct 2012

In this exclusive article by guest author Guus Goorts of the Netherlands, now based in Singapore, tells us how the information overload of today’s world might just spell the obsolescence of ‘government’ in tomorrow’s world. [FULL STORY]



No site updates issued but the following items have been updated with minor amendments and improvements:—

  • Index menu tab now reconfigured to help you find stories by categories
  • FAQ menu tab now reset into child pages to help you find answers to stupid questions
  • Re-added menu items for Facebook, Twitter, Sister blog and Mirror site.



For all posts published in 2012, click on the month below:—

  1. January
  2. February
  3. March
  4. April (nil stories — blog on furlough)
  5. May (nil stories — ditto)
  6. June (nil stories — ditto)
  7. July
  8. August
  9. September



© The Naked Listener’s Weblog, 2012. Images via their blogpost links.

English Legal History

Making English Legal History easy and enjoyable to digest.

Diary of a Psychokiller

take a trip with me to the darkside

Lipsync Lawyer

Stop bitching and know your law differently

Daring Fireball

Hearing ordinary lives talk

An English Man In SF

a diary of life as an immigrant

MB Forde

Ghosts, Legends, Folklore and Writing

Motorcycling in Hong Kong

On two wheels in Asia's World City


Making her way back to Neverland one day at a time...

The Naked Listener's Weblog

Hearing ordinary lives talk

Basti in China


Making Maps: DIY Cartography

Resources and Ideas for Making Maps

Pointless Diagrams

A new, meaningless diagram drawn daily, just 'cause.

The London Column

Reports from the life of a city, from 1951 to now, compiled by David Secombe

Vintagerock's Weblog.

Just another weblog

Shirley Chuk

Chuk Yin-yuk 祝燕玉 of Hong Kong

%d bloggers like this: